Winter Festive Beehive Sweet Buns
I’ve come to realise that during my unscheduled evenings I like to play with flour, sugar and butter so here I threw something together and voila
You might not know it, but you need these buns in your life (trust me), oh not do you only have the power to make one gorgeous winter beehive sweet buns with this recipe (maybe slight tweaking there and then), but a host of homemade treats including dinner rolls, hamburger buns cinnamon rolls and turn the kitchen into your own very bakery (god I’m dramatic)
It is fairly easy to make and absolutely delicious to indulge on in these colder evenings with a nice cuppa of anything lol. So here it is guys and I really hope you enjoy making it as much as I did
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup lukewarm milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 4 oz cream cheese
- toasted sesame seeds
- For the Honey Syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, oil, honey, and yeast; mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together and add to the wet ingredients. Mix with a spoon, and then knead the dough for 5-8 minutes until it becomes elastic. You can add a little more flour if your dough seems too sticky. Cover the dough with a towel and let it rise for 1 hour or until it becomes double in volume.
- Turn the dough onto a wooden board dusted with a little amount of flour. Bring the dough together and knead a few times. Divide the dough into 20 balls.
- Flatten each ball and stuff with a teaspoonful of cream cheese. Pull up the sides of the ball and wrap around the filling, pinching it closed at top. Arrange the balls in a greased 9 or 10-inch oven proof skillet or round cake pan in honeycomb pattern. Cover and let them rise again for about 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F
- Brush the top with egg yolk wash and bake the buns for 25 minutes.
- To make the syrup, combine sugar, honey, and water and bring to a boil,
- When the buns come out of the oven, pour the syrup over the hot buns, and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Do your thing girl xx